Cadaver Lab Photos

Our first day in the cadaver lab was both exciting and informative! Doctor Steve Galyon, a former CRNA who later became an ENT surgeon and is now completing his residency in Anesthesia (my brain hurts just thinking about all that schooling...) was on hand to educate our class on airway structure identification and manipulation techniques.

Note: An unidentifiable human cadaver is pictured in the following photos. Out of respect for those who may not wish to view these images, I've posted them after the jump. Please click on the title of this post (i.e. "Cadaver Lab Photos") to view.

UPDATE: I've removed the majority of the photos in which a significant amount of anatomy is visible.  Instead, I've included drawings or diagrams of a few techniques we were shown.



Discussing airway anatomy





A view of the monitor during a video-assisted intubation



Retrograde Intubation from here

 I don't know about you, but I think I've lost my appetite.  Cadaver lab is the best diet ever!