Echo (... echo... echo...)

While I rarely know what the heck I'm looking at when I view an echocardiogram, we sure to seem to get a lot of them as bonus questions on exams.  Having just completed our third (and final!) cardiovascular test this semester, I thought I'd post some of the echos that were compiled by our clinical coordinator, Courtney, and shown during class way back in January.

Once you figure out how to read them, would you mind carving out some time in your schedule to teach me everything you know?

Normal Heart
 
Mitral Valve Regurgitation Due to a Ruptured Papillary Muscle
 
Pericardial Effusion
 
Dilated Cardiomyopathy
 
Aortic Stenosis
 
Mitral Stenosis
 
Idiopathic Hypertrophic Subaortic Stenosis (IHSS)
 
Patent Foramen Ovale
 
Vegetations on the Mitral Valve

Dissected Aorta
 
I couldn't embed the following two into the blog, but if you'd like to view them just click on the links below:

P.S. If this post doesn't lead you to consider adopting a low sodium diet, I don't know what will...