A Last-Minute Christmas Gift From the Anesthesia Gods

If I were a celebrity, and I think we can all agree that I totally should be, I would no doubt be a top contender for VH1's Best Week Ever.  Though if I were featured, the program's title would have to change to Best Week EVAR because that's how great my week was.

They* say that one day, after months and months of frustration in the OR, you'll just "get it".  Everything finally falls into place and many of the tasks students struggle with and the skills requiring conscious effort suddenly become second nature.  Well, it freaking happened.  Not only did I work with great CRNAS and surgeons all week, but I finally got it.  I remembered to turn on my gas, intubated patients with ease, and my wake-up times were perfectly timed with the procedure end times.  I was more on top of things than... ummmm... (insert Tiger Woods joke here).

It was one of those weeks that makes you want to throw your coat over the chair, gaze longingly out the window, and pull a Hugh Grant from the film Love, Actually.

                                       
                        Video: Hugh Grant Dance

* I don't really know who "they" are, but I do know that "they" are almost always right and if you ever have the opportunity to fetch "they" a cup of coffee or gasp at the beauty of their children without coming across as a complete brown noser, you should probably take it.